What we love about this trip
Close-up polar bear encounters
A 22 person maximum on the Tundra Buggy
Exciting day activities
An optional helicopter sightseeing tour
This trip is popular - book early!
Day 1 – Arrive in Winnipeg
After checking in to your hotel, spend the day exploring the city. Head over to the Manitoba Museum, which has nine galleries displaying historical artifacts or to the Forks, a funky market which is one of the city’s most popular gathering places.
Day 2 – Winnipeg to Churchill – Where the Excitement Begins
Today you board your plane for a flight from Winnipeg to Churchill; journey over the tundra and plains of the north - the bird’s eye view is spectacular! Upon arrival enjoy a guided tour of the town, including a visit to the Eskimo Museum - a memorable and informative introduction to the unique culture of the north.
Days 3 & 4 – Polar Bear Viewing and arctic activities
Why Churchill is known as the Polar Bear Capital of the World? Well, because large numbers of the bears congregate near town each fall while they wait for the ice to form on Hudson Bay. With two entire days on the Tundra Buggy, seeing the bears at close quarters is a sure thing! In the evening, enjoy an fascinating presentation featuring life in Churchill.
Day 5 – Churchill to Winnipeg
Set off on an exciting dog sledding excursion today. After a thorough introduction it’s off to the tundra where you’ll get to mush you own team of dogs. This excursion is designed for all ages and abilities.
This afternoon visit the Parks Canada Interpretive Centre, where you learn more about the history, wildlife, and culture of Churchill. Fly back to Winnipeg for a overnight stay.
Day 6 – End of Canada Vacation Package - Depart with Fond Memories
Your Canada vacation ends as you check-out from your hotel this morning and depart Winnipeg.
Interested? Contact us to start customizing this trip today!
Here are just a few of the things to look forward to on this trip...
• Round-trip air transportation between Winnipeg and Churchill; light meal aboard
• Fully guided, small group tour
• Hotel accommodations in Churchill for 3 nights, Winnipeg for 2 nights
• 2 days onboard the Tundra Buggy with a naturalist guide
• Churchill town and area interpretive tour
• Tour of the Eskimo Museum and Parks Canada Interpretation Center
• Fascinating evening slideshow presentation
• Dogsledding excursion
• All transfers while in Churchill
• All meals in Churchill
2016 Departure Notes:
• Oct 29th and Nov 2nd departures will only include 2 nights in Churchill and will not include dogsledding, the Eskimo Museum or a slide presentation.
Customize this trip a little... or a lot
Think of this itinerary as just a starting point. Work with us to personalize this trip by adding some amazing side trips & activities, like...
• Enjoy extra nights in Winnipeg before or after your polar bear tour
• Make this a truly epic bear tour, and combine your polar bear trip with a grizzly viewing tour
• Take the train from Toronto or Vancouver to Winnipeg