Getaways to Tofino in British Columbia
There are a nearly limitless number of holidays in Canada to choose from. Canada features many different climates and landscapes, each with their own unique form of natural beauty. From the old world charm of eastern Canada's village life to cosmopolitan cities like Montreal and Toronto, the majesty of the Canadian Rockies, the vast wilderness and tundra of the Northwest Territories and the Yukon and the Pacific coastal splendor of British Columbia, Canada offers a lot of choices to vacationers.
One particularly gorgeous part of Canada is the coastal town of Tofino, British Columbia. Located at the tip of the Esowista peninsula on the west coast of Vancouver Island, Tofino, British Columbia is only about four hours from the city of Vancouver but is worlds apart from fast paced city life. It's a place which is unlike any other and is popular with those looking to visit Canada while seeing somewhere a little off the beaten path. If enjoying aquatic sports or just being near the ocean is your ideal vacation, this is the place to be. Whether you want to experience ocean kayaking on the Clayoquot Sound or enjoy whale watching off Long Beach, Fresh Tracks can help you plan a Tofino, British Columbia adventure you'll always remember.
Tofino, British Columbia is a one of a kind place for Canadian vacations and there is enough to do here to keep you active and entertained on your vacation.
Here, you can enjoy activities including:
- Surfing: That's right! There is surfing in Canada and Tofino, British Columbia is one of the best places in the country to catch a wave! The town and nearby Long Beach, BC attract many surfers in the summer season and there are many shops where you can rent surfboards for the day.
- Ocean kayaking: Kayaking on the open waters of the Clayoquot Sound, largely sheltered from the turbulence of the ocean is an incredible experience. There are guided kayaking tours available as well as a kayak launch for more experienced kayakers.
- Whale watching: There are numerous whale watching tours available in and around Tofino, British Columbia. You can spend a relaxing couple of hours on the water and thrill to the sights and sounds of grey whales and with luck, even orcas (killer whales) in their natural habitat. March is one of the best times to visit for whale watching; this is when thousands of grey whales arrive in the area on their annual migration, coinciding with the Pacific Rim Whale Festival.
- Hiking and wildlife tours: The west coast of Vancouver Island, British Columbia is one of the world's most beautiful places and bears, seals and many types of birds can be seen and admired while you visit Canada's Pacific coast region.
- Summer festivals: Tofino, British Columbia hosts a number of festivals and other events which celebrate local cuisine and culture each summer including the Tofino Food and Wine Festival in early June, Augusts' Tofino Lantern Festival and Art in the Gardens, a music and arts festival held in September.
With so many unique sights and activities to offer, Tofino, British Columbia is one of the most interesting and beautiful places to visit in British Columbia. If you'd like to sample local wines and food at the Tofino Food and Wine Festival or see seals at play on a wildlife tour, Fresh Tracks can put together a vacation to Tofino, British Columbia that creates fond memories for a lifetime.
Need more information on Gataways to Tofino in British Columbia? Talk to one of our Canadian travel Insiders who'd be happy to answer all your questions.
Plan your dream vacation in Canada with us – in 4 easy steps
Find a sample trip idea that suits you best
Discuss your plans with one of our Canadian Insiders
We build your personalized trip and itinerary
Your Canadian experience awaits
We make it easy to create an ideal travel experience in Canada by combining your personal preferences with our insider knowledge. Our Canadian Insiders help you plan your trip, and remain at your disposal throughout the process to make sure your Canadian experience meets your expectations.
Ready to start planning your Canadian journey?
Get in touch with our Canadian Insiders to get all your questions answered and your trip organized and booked for you.
Hi, I'm Kirsten!
“The glacial beauty of Moraine Lake in the Rockies first lured me to Canada, but it's the charm of Vancouver that has kept me here! Known as the modern ‘City of Glass’ it's surrounded by a stunning natural environment of ocean and mountains. This results in my perfect day: a morning of watching seaplanes take off from the harbour, and an afternoon to meet the resident grizzly bears on Grouse Mountain.”
Hi, I'm Anjuli!
“Getting on horseback and roaming the open meadows and birch forests with my dog at my side is the perfect quintessential Canadian getaway! Old homesteads and deserted farms, wildlife and horses roaming the fields will get you thinking you’re a cowboy (or girl!) in the Old West. It's totally worth getting up at the crack of dawn to witness the horses being driven in from the meadows.”
Hi, I'm Greg!
“I am in love with our nation's capital, Ottawa. The city has many of its best sights within walking distance of each other. In the centre of it all are the inspiring gothic style parliament buildings, just steps away from the vibrant ByWard Market. And in what other city can you ice skate to work?! The Rideau Canal is a marvel that I will always remember.”
Hi, I'm Eva!
“Montreal is my favourite city in Canada. It’s like a little slice of Europe, with narrow, cobblestone streets, oodles of history and, for the shopaholics out there, some of the best shopping on the continent. If you visit, be sure to try the poutine, a local delicacy of French fries, gravy and cheese curds.”
Hi, I'm Sarah!
“Toronto is an exciting and lively city! I visit every summer and love to explore the different neighbourhoods for samples of food and people watching. Taking in the old brick buildings and beautiful murals in Kensington Market, or the view of the entire city from the CN Tower – it's all a treat to experience and you never know what to expect while wandering the streets in a big city!”
Hi, I'm Angie!
“I love the West Coast! I moved here from Ontario years ago but am still in awe of the mountains and ocean. I commute to work from an island and am lucky enough to get to enjoy the natural beauty of the West Coast on a daily basis. Sometimes we're even greeted by whales or dolphins as we boat in! We're close to world-class ski mountains, beautiful city of Vancouver, and are just a short ferry ride away from Vancouver Island.”
Hi, I'm Meaghan!
“Growing up in Oakville, ON, I was just a short distance from Toronto. Canada's largest city is a bustling metropolis with so many incredible attractions for just about anyone! There are world class museums, outdoor parks, boutique shops and international cuisine. Whenever I'm visiting, I love to take in some local theatre. From award-winning musicals to comedy, Toronto's theatre scene is one of the best in the world!”
Hi, I'm Natalie!
“I am completely smitten with the Maritimes and love how easy it is to cover New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and PEI in one trip. The drive is half of the fun, with stunning seascapes and the amazing Confederation Bridge! The red sand and warm water at all of PEI's beaches completely captivated me. And of course, no PEI visit is complete without tasting some locally-made ice cream and freshly caught mussels!”
or call us directly toll-free at 1 877 395 5771