Why work at Fresh Tracks Canada?
Since 1992, Fresh Tracks Canada has been a Vancouver-based travel company that creates and sells amazing vacation experiences in Canada. We are fast-growing, offer excellent rewards, and provide a great place to work as well as chances to travel. We are looking for experienced professionals to join our team.
If you have a desire to ensure that our clients return home raving about us and cherishing lifelong memories, a career at Fresh Tracks Canada might be for you!
Are you interested?
Send your resume to email@example.com with a cover letter answering these two questions:
- Why should we hire you?
- What are the three things that make you a great employee?
Please NO phone calls and we apologize but we will only be contacting successful candidates for an interview.
Our current openings:
Fresh Tracks Canada is looking for a Product Manager to play a key role in contributing to our vision of building a gateway brand for personalized vacation travel in Canada.
This is an exciting opportunity for a product development specialist/manager who is ready to support and contribute to the growth of the FTC brand while bringing a dedicated team-first mentality to the role.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Director of Marketing and management teams to develop the overall growth plan and build the long-term product development strategy in pursuit of our goal of tripling revenue in 3-5 years.
You are an energetic, yet levelheaded thinker, with a passion for developing customer-centric products. You will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with teammates, customers and prospects. You must possess a unique blend of business, industry and technology savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the field, and thrive on finding innovative brand-centric solutions for the broader market.
You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company, while working with a product development counterpart to define product release requirements. You will work with marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for the FTC product offering, occasionally working with the sales channel and key customers.
The successful candidate must be both a strategic thinker and someone with superb creative and operational skills.
- Humble, calm, ‘Level 5’ leadership skills with first-class interpersonal skills
- Results-driven individual with a strong attention to detail
- Willingness to bring big-company learning to a smaller company where there is less bureaucracy but also less supporting structure
- 10 years in product or marketing management including at least 5 years in large travel, technology or consumer goods/services companies
- Demonstrated experience in tourism product development, packaging, marketing, pricing and/or small business an asset
- Proven strategic abilities and a strong track record of superb execution.
- Proven ability to implement processes and methodologies
- Proven understanding of marketing segmentation and targeted product campaigns
- Proven understanding of the nuances of selling a higher-end branded product or service focused on consumer needs, differentiated positions and emotional territories in a competitive market
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write or edit persuasive product copy that clearly communicates product benefits
- Passion for travel and Canada
Working in collaboration with the Director of Marketing, the Product Manager will:
- Manage the entire FTC product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by ongoing visits to customers and non-customers
- Understand the market opportunity, customer needs, and competitive actions to define differentiated products
- Liaise with sales and customer service to ensure understanding of product enhancement requirements and support expectations
- Identify and analyze potential partner relationships
- Create collaborative and mutually beneficial product development and promotion opportunities through detailed contracting, relationship building and market positioning.
- Develop and implement a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute
- Manage a dynamic team of product development professionals
Areas of responsibility:
PARTNER RELATIONSHIPS (suppliers, DMOs)
Partnerships / networking
- Strategically develops and strengthens partnerships with suppliers
- Strengthens relationships with key members of DMOs and tourist boards to improve FTC access to inside industry information, trends, and marketing opportunities
- Presents and promotes Fresh Tracks Canada's brand to suppliers and key travel industry partners to increase FTC visibility in the marketplace
- Creates rapport and develops relationships with competitors
- Represents Fresh Tracks Canada, when required, as a seller of personalized travel experiences in Canada (travel agents, specialty shows, etc.)
- Represents Fresh Tracks Canada as a buyer in regional and national trade shows
- Attends and presents at industry related conferences
Contract negotiations and preferred partnerships
- Oversees the supplier negotiation and contracting process, in line with company sales, product, and marketing strategies
- Negotiates rates and overrides, to drive margins and sales
- Negotiates value added services with preferred partners for FTC clients (upgrades, special FT services)
- Negotiates coop marketing ventures (suppliers and DMOs), and internal FTC sales incentives
- Negotiates familiarization and training opportunities
MARKET RESEARCH AND REPORTING
Market research, report analysis, forecasting – identifies upcoming opportunities and risks for product development, and helps to inform decisions across all departments
- Consumer research – new and existing consumer segments, trends, including FTC customer surveys and feedback, sales reports
- Destination analysis and forecasting – predicting emerging destinations, innovations in products
- Competitor analysis – trip content, pricing, marketing strategies
- Internal FTC sales, product reports
- Pushes forward new and creative product strategies in line with the FTC brand, to increase sales and position FTC as the leader in Canadian travel experiences
- Deliver MRDs and PRDs with prioritized features and corresponding justification
- Leverages market trends and opportunities to develop innovative products to targeted consumer segments
- Optimizes existing best-selling product for current consumer segments Identifies and resolves weaknesses and risks within current product portfolio Executes product pricing and forecasting, driving margins and sales while ensuring competitive market value Prepares product development briefs – presents vision and expected results to stakeholders Sources new suppliers, when needed Quickly adapts and creates action steps in response to market demands Works to internally champion FTC products, through creative presentation and information sharing Follows through to ensure all product deliverables are met - reports on findings to stakeholders Proposes product wind-down and EOL when necessary, with supporting justification
PRODUCT TEAM– MANAGEMENT
Information management and reports
- Responsible for product information management and systems, strives to find efficiencies and improvements
- Ensures efficient and accurate reports are maintained
- Prepares regular reporting and on request for sales, product and marketing teams such as:
- Product sales and margin reports
- Competitor pricing reports
- Supplier costs / sales
- Product Availability reports
- Hiring and job postings
- Manages goals and bonuses
- Ensures deadlines and schedules are met
- Ensures conduct and best practices (managing suppliers, working with teams internally, conduct on fam trips, etc.)
- Manages internal team:
- Product Delivery Specialist
- Product Administrator
- Responsible for product-related policies and procedures
If you are interested in being considered for this role, please apply by submitting a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Fresh Tracks Canada creates extraordinary vacations for visitors to Canada and we believe the secret to a great vacation is inside knowledge and attention to detail.
We are growing, and we are looking for good sales people to grow with us.
We offer a challenging, exciting, fun place to work and excellent rewards for outstanding performance.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience selling travel or tourism experiences or an up-market product or service, with a proven track record of excellent results;
- A strong desire to make a career in tourism;
- Excellent verbal and written English – you need to be able to persuade with words!
- Canadian tourism knowledge an asset;
- A friendly, outgoing personality tempered by determination and maturity.
- Helping visitors to Canada create wonderful memories;
- A challenging, interesting career in tourism;
- Coaching and training on how to sell well;
- A friendly, fun place to work;
- Salary based with sales incentives.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your resume with a cover letter to email@example.com answering these two questions:
- Why should we hire you and why you feel you are a good fit?
- What are the three things that make a great sales person?
Please no phone calls and we apologize but we will only be contacting successful candidates for an interview.